Leadership Conference 2019
- Published: 16 May 2019 16 May 2019
"Outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves, it's amazing what they can accomplish." --Sam Walton
SCHOOL LEADERSHIP CONFERENCE
NAPTOSA Gauteng invites SMT members to attend the annual School Leadership Conference.
Date: Friday 26 July 2019 and Saturday 27 July 2019
Venue: Emperors Palace Conference Centre, 64 Jones Road, Kempton Park
Time: Friday 26 July 2019 – registration at 10:00
Saturday 27 July 2019 – closing at 13:20, followed by lunch
Certificates will be issued and principals, deputy principals and departmental heads can earn 10 Continuous Professional Teacher Development (CPTD) points. Time-off letters for 26 July 2019 will be issued. Accommodation will be at the Peermont Metcourt Hotel, which is on the grounds of Emperors Palace.
Although the Conference is open to members and non-members, members will receive preferential booking. The limit will be 230 participants.
Cost structure: Residential (DBB): R 2 700 per person (single accommodation)
Residential (DBB): R2 400 per person (shared accommodation)
Conference only: R1 200 per person
Download the programme and booking form: pdf Click here (93 KB)
Infrastructure audit tool
- Published: 04 April 2019 04 April 2019
LETTER FROM THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
15 March 2019
Dear NAPTOSA member,
NAPTOSA SCHOOL INFRASTRUCTURE AUDIT
- NAPTOSA wishes to do an audit of school infrastructure in the various provinces to enable engagement with the Department of Basic Education from an informed basis in order to enhance school safety and school environments.
- For this purpose we need the assistance of members to do an assessment of various infrastructure elements in their respective schools.
- It is accepted that members are not infrastructure experts. The audit therefore covers broad infrastructure areas on which members will be required to express a view, as perceived.
- The audit will be anonymous. The only information required will be an indication of the province and the name of the school, which information will not be used to match names of members to schools.
- Attached is a template to be utilized for the purpose of the audit. The template is structured in such a manner that participants only need to tick a value with regard to each of the infrastructure elements and sub elements (where applicable).
- For applicable elements/ sub elements a six (6) point scale is provided, with-
- 1 = Very poor
- 6= Very good
NAPTOSA Professional Development Programme 2019 - Term 2
- Published: 12 March 2019 12 March 2019
Professional Development Programme Term 2 (2019)
Workshops run from 16 April to 28 May 2019
Booking is essential
Download the programme in Word format: document Professional Development Programme for Term 2 (2019) (85 KB)