NB. GDE Media Statement. Educator appointments 2018 (7 Jan 2018)
- Published: 10 January 2018 10 January 2018
On 7 January 2018, MEC Lesufi issued a media statement on the readiness of the department for the 2018 school year. One of the topics covered in the statement was the Post Provisioning for 2018.
Extract from the Media Statement
Based on the appeals from schools on 2018 Post Establishment and the outcome of the opinion from the Educators Labour Relations Council on the interpretation of Collective Agreement 4 of 2016 (referring to declaration of “excess” educators), received on 5 December 2018, the following was put in place:
* schools were not allowed to identify excess educators for deployment as per the agreement with unions and due to late receipt of ELRC opinion on the Collective Agreement 4 of 2016 which impacts on rationalization of posts in schools that have lost post.
* the Head of Department (HOD) approved extension of all the 4 024 temporary educators appointed against substantive and promotional posts for the period January to March 2018. This will create space to finalise post establishment appeals and rationalisation/deployment of educators to be finalised.
* rationalization (identification of “excess” educators) will be done between January and March 2018. Deployment of excess educators will be implemented from 1 April 2018. All the contract/temporary educators over and above the approved 2018 Post Establishment will be terminated at the end of March 2018.
Download the full text of the Media Statement: pdf Media Statement GDE State of Readiness for 2018 Academic Year 7 January 2018 v2 (263 KB)
NAPTOSA Gauteng. Professional Development Programme Term 1
- Published: 27 November 2017 27 November 2017
NAPTOSA (Gauteng) Professional Development Programme Term 1 (2018)
The Term 1 Programme runs from 29 January to 7 March 2018
Booking is essential
Download the programme and booking form: pdf Professional Development Programme Term 1 NAPTOSA Gauteng 2018 (225 KB)
School Readiness for Educators 2018
- Published: 12 November 2017 12 November 2017
The popular seminar "School Readiness for Educators” will be offered again in the NAPTOSA Gauteng professional development programme in term 1 2018.
This is a one day seminar developed and presented by Bev Booker for NAPTOSA Gauteng for new teachers but also suited to any teachers looking to reconnect with their purpose and passion for teaching.
This workshop has been allocated 15 SACE CPTD points