Attention all educators
- Published: 03 September 2018 03 September 2018
Call for comment on the proposed amendments to CAPS
This is your opportunity to have your say
The DBE website is now fully functional (4 September) after havng been 'blocked since 1 September)
To download the documents from the DBE Click here
Closing date for submission extended to 28 September 2018
For more information read Gauteng News Flash 35 of 2018: .Click here
Professional Development Programme. Term 3 (2018)
- Published: 04 June 2018 04 June 2018
The Term 3 Programme runs from 30 July to 11 September 2018
Booking is essential
Download the programme and booking form: pdf Click here (206 KB)
Ministerial Task Team Report on History
- Published: 01 June 2018 01 June 2018
The Report of the History Ministerial Task Team (MTT), which was in established in 2015, was released by the Minister of Basic Education on 31 May 2018. One of the mandates of the MTT was to investigate the feasibility of making history compulsory in the FET phase.
The key recommendations are as follows:
• Introduce History as a compulsory subject in the FET (Grades 10 – 12) Phase.
• Life Orientation to remain a compulsory subject until Grade 9 (GET Phase).
• At FET Phase, compulsory History to replace Life Orientation as one of the Fundamental subjects.
• At the GET phase, Life Orientation to be maintained as a compulsory subject and the content should be strengthened.