School Leadership Conference 3 and 4 August 2018
- Published: 16 July 2018 16 July 2018
SMT members are invited to reserve 3 and 4 August 2018 for the annual two day School Leadership Conference.
Download the programme and booking form: pdf Click here (391 KB)
Venue: Kopanong Conference Centre, 243 Glen Gory Road, Norton Estate, Benoni
Time: Friday, 3 August 2018 – registration at 10:00
Saturday, 4 August 2018 – closing 13:15 followed by lunch
Although the Conference is open to members and non-members, members will receive preferential booking. The limit will be 230 participants.
Certificates of attendance will be issued and principals, deputy principals and departmental heads can earn 10 SACE CPTD points. Time-off letters for 3 August 2018 will be issued.
Professional Development Programme. Term 3 (2018)
- Published: 04 June 2018 04 June 2018
The Term 3 Programme runs from 30 July to 11 September 2018
Booking is essential
Download the programme and booking form: pdf Click here (206 KB)
Ministerial Task Team Report on History
- Published: 01 June 2018 01 June 2018
The Report of the History Ministerial Task Team (MTT), which was in established in 2015, was released by the Minister of Basic Education on 31 May 2018. One of the mandates of the MTT was to investigate the feasibility of making history compulsory in the FET phase.
The key recommendations are as follows:
• Introduce History as a compulsory subject in the FET (Grades 10 – 12) Phase.
• Life Orientation to remain a compulsory subject until Grade 9 (GET Phase).
• At FET Phase, compulsory History to replace Life Orientation as one of the Fundamental subjects.
• At the GET phase, Life Orientation to be maintained as a compulsory subject and the content should be strengthened.